Established in 1872 in Ginza, Tokyo, Shiseido was the first Western-style pharmacy in Japan. We don’t just lead J-Beauty; we are J-Beauty
For over 140 years, Shiseido has continued to spearhead innovation and acted as a pioneer in the beauty space. Developing ground-breaking technology for world class skincare innovation and being recognised through numerous awards, from our global best-seller Ultimune, which enhances the skin’s inner defences, to the debut of Essential Energy with Neuroscience-powered technology. Having just relaunched our makeup, we are continuing to develop our counters and customer experience to combine traditional Japanese elements with a modern, state of the art experience.
We have a new opportunity for a Brand Manager to work closely with the Head Of Marketing to create and implement a strategic Marketing Plan that drives the UK business and builds Brand awareness. The Brand Manager will be the local Brand Ambassador for Shiseido, working closely with the Regional team to implement the strategy for the UK, as well as taking specific responsibility for managing retailer partnerships.
• Own and manage trade calendar for all retailers in line with EMEA and UK launch objectives to drive brand awareness and sales growth.
• Work as a project leader with EMEA, RMs, NAM, Training and Event teams to execute projects and reach a successful completion: new launches, POS, events, trade advertising.
• Work with NAM to ensure that exclusives and promotional offers are in place to anniversary retail activity or
• drive sales at key trading periods.
• Liaise with the Media agency to implement the Media Strategy in UK
• Develop an understanding of trade customers’ requirements to maximise brand inclusion in their activities.
• Work closely with Operations to achieve excellence in the execution of launches and promotions.
• Manage the development of GWP bags and promotional gifts if produced for the UK.
• Be the local Brand Ambassador for Shiseido in the UK and become the key local contact for both brands
• Manage the relaunch of Shiseido in the UK working closely with EMEA with a specific objective of increasing brand awareness
• Contribute to all aspects of the creative process, including: strategy, campaign development and customer
• Ensure consistency of brand standards across all marketing platforms
• Ensure that all launches and activities are managed within the budget and targeted to achieve measurable ROI
• Work with Group Brand Building Centre on Counter Design and Visual Merchandising
• Work with HOM to brief and manage media agency in line with SE guidelines and UK brand objectives
• Work with Digital Manager on online retailers’ activities and Social Media to secure consistency
• Managing stock-level of marketing products
• Managing POSM allocation by door for each launch and lead Operations for implementation
• Raising Purchase Order, migos and liaise with Finance team to process payment of invoices
• Management of 1 Marketing assistant shared with other brand manager
• Educated to degree level
• Strong experience in a previous retail marketing role, preferably within beauty
• Commercial with sound business acumen
• Excellent communication skills at all levels
• Ability to influence and negotiate at all levels
• Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
• Creative with an eye for detail
• Good organisational skills
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)