Shiseido Group have two exciting opportunities for a Receptionist - you will be the welcoming face of the Company and will have an important and busy role. As Group Receptionist you need to have an ear to the ground and be aware of everything that is going on in the organisation, from coordinating and knowing which important meetings will be taking place to arranging and receiving deliveries; you’ll be the first person that employees and potential clients see.
We are looking for two Receptionists on a part-time basis, covering the following shifts:
Monday - Friday 8am - 1pm
Monday - Friday 1pm - 5.30pm
Front of House Responsibilities
• Acting as the first point of contact for all clients and visitors and creating a warm and welcoming first impression.
• Maintaining a professional and tidy reception area.
• Answering the main switchboard and directing calls as necessary.
• Overseeing the meeting room space within the office and assisting with the booking of rooms as required.
• Assisting with keeping the meeting rooms in their original set up and liaising with IT to ensure the meeting room equipment is in full working order.
• Ordering building access passes for employees, through building security.
• Signing for and notifying employees of all deliveries to the office.
• Supporting the EA’s and their teams with the Royal Mail outgoing and incoming post.
Office Support and Ad Hoc Responsibilities
• Organising lunches for internal and external meetings.
• Assisting in the organisation of company events and social activities.
• Tracking stationary and catering supplies for the office and ordering in line with the company’s budget.
• Maintaining employee and departmental directories for the group, liaising with IT
• Ad hoc requests by the Office Manager and EA’s within the group.
• General office coordination support as requested by leadership or the Office Manager.
• Polished communication skills and self-motivated, with the ability to work without close supervision.
• Exceptional organisation skills.
• Friendly, polite and calm - able to deal with difficult clients or visitors.
• Ability to prioritise competing deadlines.
• Well presented, unflappable, exceptionally well organised and efficient
• Excellent Microsoft Office computer skills (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail)
• A smiling face is important in the world of the receptionists, expected to be incredibly organised and friendly, this role is so much more than picking up the phones.
• A can-do attitude – nothing too small / big
Please specify in your application if you have a preference on hours.